Saturday, December 24, 2005

Crappy Chic

This is the tree we gave to Ryan because we were too busy/lazy/poor/tired to get a real one this year, and because she's really the only one who cares.

Yes, the garland is made of cheap ribbon pieces I tied together. And YES, I did buy the cheap fake snow that doesn't ever congeal and is now coating all of my carpets. But Ry loved it and totally thinks we "rock, mom", so shut it.

Look, it's a freakin' tradition in my family, okay? Remember the year we waited until Christmas Eve and bought an 18' tree for $15? Or what about the year when we were little and Big Daddy just chopped down a tree on the side of the road and brought it home? Actually, I think that was also the year my mom gave us painted mugs as Santa gifts...

Anyway, we have my parent's fake tree that they were just gonna throw away, and we'll be making a great big huge deal of putting it up tonight, to make up for the fact that we really don't have any presents to unwrap like normal materialistic Americans. It's all about the experiences, people. * proper choking and gurgling sounds here*

Speaking of experiences (so smooth), did I tell you about the early Christmas we celebrated this week where Honey wished she was a roach, Diana Ross made several appearances, and Jax lived out what can only be described as a fairytale ala "Queer Eye"? No? Well, I guess you'll just have to come back and read tomorrow, then, won't you?

Ho Ho Ho.

No comments: