Friday, December 2, 2005

Buzz Kill

So Jax woke up with a little fever today, which was actually a little of a reflief for me: No Gym! No Errands! No Leaving the House! Pajama Party & Picnic on the floor!!

At one point I left Ryan downstairs watching Dora while I went upstairs to put Jax down for his nap. When I returned, she had abandoned her TV post and was playing Barbies in the playroom. As I started to straighten up the living room, I noticed that Ryan had been rifling through our Mommy & Daddy Movie Shelf (read:Non-Animated Movies), and had apparently found one of interest, having pulled it out and left it lying on the floor. When I bent down to pick it up, I saw that it was an ooollllldddd (read:college years -- and I stress -- COLLEGE YEARS) VHS copy of Cheech&Chong "Up In Smoke". Bummer, dude.

Horrified, I quickly dialed up Shawn to lament about what Horrible, Terrible, Not-Very-Good parents we are for even still owning a copy of this "film", to which he retorted: "She probably didn't even know what it was." No sh*t, Sherlock. It's not as though I was worried that she'd picked up that video with a pic of Cheech & Chong rolled up in a joint, and thought, "Silly Cheech and Chong and their marijuana-induced antics. Tsk Tsk." My fear was that she was going to be coming to us with questions about what she'd found -- and we.would.have.to.answer.

Luckily, I was able to hide the video, and it apparently hasn't crossed her mind, for I have heard nary a word regarding her discovery. Now if only I could get that old PSA "I learned it by watching you!" out of my head, it will all be good.

No comments: