Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Me Tarzan, You Jane...

Okay, I have finally put my finger on what Jax's "scream" is like -- it's totally the Tarzan yell -- at least that's what it's been like the last two days. Whew. I needed to release that vital piece of info -- now I'll be able to sleep tonite. Oh, hang on, I forgot where I was.

Gymnastics today -- again, our daughter is freakishly talented. I especially enjoyed watching her pick the wedgie out of her little butt every 5 minutes. Special. I was also utterly amused when one of the instructors was trying to get Ryan to pay attention and follow the rules -- in another words, she was asking her to be someone else. I just sat back and laughed...sucker. Boy, did that lady get frustrated! She may need to attend one of Amy's Transcendental Orientations. Goes something like this: pop a fluoxotine, take a deep breath, smile and nod, smile and nod. Repeat pill popping if necessary. And if all else fails, threaten, threaten, threaten. Nine times out of ten, you don't even have to follow through! Anyway, I was just glad it was that chick and not me.

Jax has come down with something -- most likely the expected croup, courtesy of Ryan. He's been extra cranky, spitting up more than usual, and not sleeping much at all -- I know, you WISH you had my life! Anyway, when Shawn got home, Jax's voice had become pretty hoarse, and Dr. York was all over it!! I love how worked up Shawn gets when the kids get "sick". Me, I come from the "school of salt water", via Big Daddy (FLASHBACK: Dad, my stomach hurts -- gargle salt water; Dad, I think I broke my arm -- gargle salt water; Dad, I accidentally got pregnant -- gargle salt water) you think I'm kidding? Ask my sisters. They'll tell ya. Anyway, with Shawn, it's "pop open the medical books, we may need to perform emergency surgery". However, this is only true when it comes to the kiddos -- he completely refuses to see a Doctor of any kind for himself *aggravated eye roll*. But I keep forgetting that he is invincible. :)
Long short, he is pretty concerned about Jax, I think Jax is just faking it for attention. Somewhere in the middle, we will meet and our kids will survive -- I have faith.

Well, I've just been summoned by Ryan to come sing her a song -- it's bedtime here -- so I must go. Let me leave you with a Ryan Remark:

Today she saw one of those wrinkle commercials where the woman says, "I'm not afraid to show my face". A few minutes later she looks at me very soberly and declares, "You know Mommy, I'm not afraid to show my face either." Way to fight the signs of aging with grace and dignity Ryan. You are my role model.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good girl, now go gargle with salt water and take two ibpro
dad