Monday, October 10, 2005

Holy Binky!



Ok, so I'm no astrologer, but I feel certain that all the stars, moons ,suns, etc... were in align or waxing or waning or doing whatever it is they do to make things "click" yesterday. What an amazing day we had! I know I've mentioned that our family must be humor for God, but really, I swear we are on His "favorites" list -- He is just always right there, you know?? We baptized Jax on Sunday (and the Astros, but we'll get to that). Absolutely gorgeous day, beautiful service, and almost EVERY family member was in attendance (we missed Lea & Courtaney *sad face*). Big Shout Out to Lalo & Jeff -- God knows our kids could use all the spiritual help they can get!! ;)




Although the service did go well, it certainly had the "Roberts/York" touch! As the deacon began the service and went around to bless each baby (there wer SEVEN), he accidentally skipped us. Jaxson was having NONE of that. He started screaming at the deacon. Not a crying scream, but a "hey, get yor ass over here and bless me, dammit!" kind of scream. See pic. Truly, the kid shouted. That's my baby!! :)

Natch, everybody thought that was just adorable(well, I did, and am thus assuming everyone else felt the same). Next came the whole water thing. It went by (shockingly) without anyone falling in (Amy), drowning the baby (Shawn), or using the Holy Water to blow bubbles (Ryan). Actually, it was very touching to stand back while holding Ryan and watch Shawn cradle Jax while he was christened. I was all, you know...*sniffle*. I guess I'm becoming nice and stuff. Damn...

Anyway, the REAL magic occured when Deacon Dan annointed Jax with oil on his ear and his mouth (so that he may hear Christ and speak...Christly?? OH, so that's why they made us take a class...). Jaxson had been a little fussy and was sucking on his now infamous ASTROS binky when he (and said binky) was annointed, thus also annointing the 'Stros. The rest is history -- literally. A record-breaking playoff game ensued, and I am convinced that the Astros finally won because of the BLESSED BINKY!! (Chris Burke may disagree with me, but he'll just have to take a number). Great day; lots more pics to follow... Enjoy!!








No comments: