Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dear Mr. Jesus

Dear Mr. Jesus,

Supermommy here. From one superpower to another: I need your help.

This mommy business is hard, and has proven to be a bit more than this Supermommy can handle from time to time, w/o yelling, crying, or drinking *wink*. Would like to be better, non-dependent Supermommy, and so have endeavored to enlist your help in times of crises (yes, I know, this qualifies as being "dependent", but, whatever...) So, I am asking you to always help me remember the following:

1. These children are your gift to me to watch over and protect while you tend to other matters. I am NOT your gift to them, as much as I may like to believe otherwise.

2. Ryan only climbs over, under, and on top of me because she loves me and wants to be as close to me as possible.

3. This voracious appetite Jaxson has been blessed with will one day reap rewards upon us all, as it is preparation for becoming all-star pro-athlete who will eventually "hook" his parents up for the remainder of our days.

4. Ryan's sick obsession with the Disney Princesses and all related pictures, movies, merchandise, etc... is a result of my forcing them on her at early age to ensure she would have some girlie qualities. I only have myself to blame.

5. Jax is only 6 months old and can't help where he spits up, even when it's on my new blouse (that cost me more $$ than I'm allowed to admit, and will ensure that we never get out of debt)

6. When Ryan tells people that her Mommy has a big tummy, it is because my parenting skills in the "always tell the truth" department are excellent. Excellent.

7.No one in the entire world lights up the way Jax does every single time he sees me. Even at 3 am when I am tired, pissed, and all-around UGLY.

8. Ryan's tendency to "smother" her brother (figuratively and otherwise) is a clear example of how much she adores him.

9. The fact that Ryan and Jax are 3 1/2 years and 6 1/2 months, respectively, and still flourishing means I am doing SOMETHING right.

10. I may relenquish my Supermommy title at any given time, rendering me back to just plain "mommy"; enforcer of good, increasingly forgetful at times, neurotic to a fault, terrible housekeeper, but very very very able to laugh at herself & her situation whenever times get rough, tough and tumble. This regular mommy loves her kids more and more each day, and would murder, rape, and pillage for them should the need arise, though hopefully it never will, cause man I am the biggest wimp on Earth, and really hate confrontation of any kind.

Okay, so, umm, yeah, I think that's it.

Peace Out,

SuperMommy

No comments: