Wednesday, October 12, 2005

God Bless "South Park"

I just want to take a moment to thank God for "South Park". No other show (w/exception of Daily Show) makes me laugh so hard and helps me feel morally superior all at the same time. Those boys deserve an award. Am watching now while I write, which may be why this post is taking so long to write!! But I digress...

Jax sat up by himself for very 1st time today, and for once I was ready w/camera in hand; however, the internet's force is not with me this evening, so pics will have to follow...

I have once again fallen prey to those practical jokesters who call themselves pediatricians. Blindly, I took their advice about FORCING my poor innocent baby to try to fall asleep on his own (again), and once again, all efforts proved futile. I thought I'd try it at naptime today, Jaxson said, "not so much." He cried for 2 hours this time. Not hungry, not hurting, just wanting his damn binky... I have once again been foiled by the mind of someone who can't even wipe their own ass. Will it ever end????

Speaking of binkies (damned and otherwise), I have lost the Bless-ed Binky. That's right. The holy Astros binky went missing today
*pause*
Okay, I have to interrupt -- Ryan caught a live snail the other day (and naturally named it Ariel), and we've been keeping it in an empty coffee can, checking on it daily. Usually it stays downstairs, but today she noticed it had left little trails of poop, and so brought it upstairs to show it off. So here it is, sitting next to the computer, and all of a sudden, I hear "thump". I haven't checked yet, but I think it may have fallen off the underside of the lid, which probably means it's dead. Great. Looks like we'll be having a funeral service tomorrow. All are welcome. In lieu of flowers, please send monetary donations to: Ryan's Piggy Bank, so she can buy herself a real pet, and not have to dig around in the backyard for something to love.
*back to my previous story*
Yeah, so, binky is missing. Not good, considering tonite is the opening nite of Astros series vs. Cards, I may seem blase about this, but don't kid yourself -- I was on hands andknees at the YMCA today, going over every inch of that nursery trying to find the thing. The ladies in there were like, "Ummm, do you not have any other binkies????" Fools. Anyway, I've been thinking about it, and the binky was blessed, so no matter where it is, it's still HOLY, right? Well, just in case, I made Shawn an apple pie from scratch. Maybe he won't get too upset when he finds out I've jinxed his team. Yeah. Maybe. Uh-huh. Crap, I'm in trouble.

One last note -- looks like the American Dream has reared its ugly head once again. Big Daddy has gone into politics -- just another good 'ole Democrat from Arkansas, folks! He is running for the city council in HSB, and we are all pulling for him!! I know h
*pause*
Just heard Ariel the snail go "thump" again. I guess maybe she's not dead; rather, she's just a snail's version of "The Little Engine That Could"... struggling to reach the top where possibly she could slip out of one of the airholes, only to fall down halfway there. But she's not giving up, folks, no sir! Will keep you all posted on this tantalizing journey. (How sad am I?)
*back 2 story*
I know the big guy will kick some ass -- show 'em how it's done!!! :)

"Ryan Remark" for the day:

"Mommy, do you know who sniffs butts?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Mommy, just guess who sniffs butts."
"That's gross, Ryan"
"MOMMY!!! JUST GUESS!"
"I don't know, Ryan, who?"
"YOU do!! "
*erupts into a fit of giggles, then stops and pauses*
"Mommy? What does sniff mean?"

Can't make this stuff up, people.

No comments: