Thursday, October 6, 2005

And the Hits Just Keep On Comin...

Well well well. Where to begin??? So many wonderful "nuggets" to share from today. I think I'll start with this evening's escapades and work backwards.

Our garage door has fallen off of its track and is now hanging at an amusing little angle. Very Sanford & Son. Luckily, I have a MAN here to take care of things -- Shawn was quick to remove the lawnmower, power tools, and his golf clubs out of harms way and into our neighbor's garage. Wheww! Dodged a bullet there! ;) Don't know yet what the cost will be to repair (although we are pretty sure we're gonna need a whole new door), or even how it happened. We'll have to have someone come out in the morning. All we know is when Shawn tried to put the door down this evening, it had a different idea... Okay, so that takes care of dinner time (and COMPLETELY overshadows the delicious Harvest Baked Apples I made for dessert); let's move back a bit to early this evening, shall we???

Funny funny funny! When Shawn got home from work today, Ryan was all over him, telling him all about the witch, monster, and ghost that were being mean to her in the Big Room. "You have to make them leave Daddy!" Shawn didn't even flinch. He walked straight into the Big Room, grabbed the "witch", yelled at her to to stay away from Ryan, wrenched open the front door and threw her from the house. All totally serious -- he actually YELLED! He then proceeded to do the same thing with the ghost and the monster. SUCH an awesome Dad. BTW, we are not at all worried about the sudden infestation of witches, monsters, and ghosts -- the more the merrier, right?

Miss Ryan rode her bicycle all by herself for the very first time this afternoon. Of course I had to threaten sending the bike back to Santa if she didn't, but it worked, didn't it? Anyway, she got about 3 full pedal rotations, and was spent. Truly. She jumped off the bike, said, "Oh, I'm so tired now", and dragged herself over to the water bottle for a drink. Oh, Miss Scarlett, Miss Scarlett!

Earlier this morning we took a little trip to the bank (and you KNOW how much I love doing that!) It was relatively quick, in and out, but when we got back to the car, all hell broke loose. "Oh My GOD Mommy!! I left my princess clock paper in the bank! Oh you have to get it, I have to get it, let me out!!!!" Seriously -- tears streaming down her face. I had let Ryan open one of those coupon mailers we had received in the mail, only to have her find a damn ad for a cheesy wall clock with the disney princesses on it. Go Figure. So naturally, she just had to hold it, gaze at it longingly, and take it with her everywhere. It was all she could talk about, all she could think about....until we got into the bank's lobby and she saw the totally wicked water cooler that she just HAD to play with. Then it was hasta la vista princess clock paper. Long story short, the ordeal ended with me and one of the customer service reps picking through the trash cans in the lobby to find the thing. True story. (And I swear, if ANYONE thinks of getting her that clock, I will kill you. Murdered. Maimed. DEAD.) Oh, and don't bother buying her the Cinderella DVD either, she's got it already -- she just doesn't know it yet!

This brings us to the start of the day, or rather, the end of last night. I had just fed, changed, and drugged Jax (oh calm down, I just gave him some baby tylenol for his teeth), who was rubbing his eyes and yawning, which made ME assume he was tired and ready to go to bed -- silly Mommy. So I put him down in his crib, gave him his binky, and left the room. Not 2 minutes later, he was crying. Trying to be a smart, modern Mom, I decided to "let him cry it out". I mean, I knew he was okay, so what better time to start that wonderful "tough love" tactic, right? WRONG!!!! The kid cried, no, SCREAMED for an hour and a half!!! ("I Won't Be Ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Think Glenn Close ala "Fatal Attraction". ) Move over "Tenacious D", 'cause "Tenacious J" has taken the stage! And do you know what was wrong with him? He wanted his BINKY. That was it. I popped it in his mouth, and he was gone. I think he hates me. It's either that, or he's getting back at me for the "irregular danglers" post. Can't really say I blame him....

No comments: