Friday, October 21, 2005

Lil' Bit of Everything

Shawn & I went to dinner at Gumbo's last nite (this is our usual anniv. rest.) -- dinner was fab-o, as always, but Miss Amy could not keep her eyes open!! Nothing to do with the company I was in, more likely it was due to the Flexeril I took for my back (thanks Elisa!), accompanied with the glass of wine at dinner, compiled with just plain lack o' sleep. Still, we had fun, save for the few gnats that dove to their deaths in our wineglasses (we were on the porch). aahhh, yes...very romantic:)

If Elvis IS still out there, someone needs to let him know that he has been de-throned. Jaxson Thomas is now the current King of the Pelvic Thrust. He is always doing them -- in the crib, on the floor, on my lap, in his carseat -- EVERYWHERE!!! He and I are having a discussion about napping at this very moment -- I'm saying "Yes", he's saying.."yeah, I don't think so. " Hang on -- am being attacked by Hyper Ghost (Ryan in one of Shawn's dirty undershirts...yummy). Apparently she has forgotten the thing about Mommy having a bad back, as well as the fact that I am trying to coerce Jax into sleeping (judging by the high-pitched "OOOHHHH" sounds emitting from dirty undershirt).

Joyfully, she has also finally learned how to open the front door all by herself. This was discovered just this morning when washing dishes at the sink, I turned around to find Big Daddy in full Rough Rider regalia standing in my kitchen. If that won't stop your heart and turn your hair white, I don't know what will. After I came to, I found out that Ry had graciously opened the door for him. Swell.

Mommy Brain Attack: Searching through the fridge for the 5 lb. jar of Mayo (God Bless Sam's) to make tuna fish -- nowehere to be found. Surely it couldn't all be gone -- last I looked there was at least 2 lb left...No sweat, supermommy just happens to have another unopened jar in pantry. Just let me get it -oh, would you look at that? There's the old 5 lb jar, front & center in pantry, yellowing nicely right in front of my eyes!! Must have left that there last time I made tuna...Tue??? Whoopsie Poopsie!!

No comments: