Tuesday, May 2, 2006

M-A-R-R-I-A-G-E is a 4-letter word

Ry and I were watching "SuperNanny" tonight (I like to see other people screw up, Ry enjoys learning new methods of rebellion), and it was an episode that featured a divorced couple.

At some point, Ryan asked why the Daddy didn't live with the Mom and kids, and I explained to her that the Mommy and Daddy were not married anymore, so they stopped living in the same house.

"Are you and Daddy still married?" her little voice quavered.

"Yes, Baby. Mommy and Daddy love each other very much and will always be married and live together forever." (shut up, we do -- and God help us, we probably will be together. FOREVER.)

She responded by crossing her arms over her chest, stomping the floor, and grunting,
"Oh, man! No fair!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband wrote me the sweetest note (I posted it on my site) for our anniversary.

Yep, there have been times when our marriage has hung by a hope. Just a hope.

But when you can make it through a lot and still stand together with honor... that is when you are proud and your children can appreciate the strength of the foundations....
Oh, Cheers and reminscing on my anniversary week...