Sunday, June 4, 2006

Slip O' The Tongue

We've been spending our weekends at the lake these past 2 weeks, but some people just have to suck it up for the sake of others. We do what we can. While we've been "vacationing", Ryan has been trying her hand at the alter-ego business.

While making friends in the pool, she informed the little girl that her name was Brandy, she was 5 years old, and she had 3 brothers. When hearing my mom say, "Ryan...Menana is listening", Ryan quickly ammended her intro: "Okay. I only have 2 brothers."

Yesterday we were at another pool (yes, we are those people who go to the lake to hang out at the pool), where Ryan again began making new friends. At one point, one of the new little girls must have pulled out a sixth toe or something, because we were suddenly regaled with Ryan's declaration, "WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT!?!?" I personally laughed my ass off, but was a bit peeved at having to lift said ass off the lounge chair to approach Ryan to correct her choice of language. Gawd.

Then today when we were actually at the lake (gasp!), Ryan made a point of letting Shawn know that his assistance was not needed. In fact, I believe her actual choice of words were, "No, Shawn, not now. I'll let you know when I need you."

I'm beginning to like this Brandy chick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've missed "Brandy" this weekend! She keeps us all on our toes!...All 6 of them!
xoxo-elisa

Amy York said...

Really? How strange. I feel like you guys have been right here with us the whole time. In fact, if I have to play "Miss Elisa", "Emma" or "Addie" one more time, I may have to start charging SAG fees.!!

Shooter said...

Instead of imaginary friends, she creates imaginary alter egos.