Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm sleepwalking through this post, sorry if I ramble...

What is up with the non-sleeping chip built into my kids? And why do I still go to bed at midnight when I know that I will:

a)be up at least 3 times before morning
b)be up at 6am, whether I want to or not
c)be a grouchy grumpy mess who scares her kids, but not enough so to make them change any of their annoying habits

I remember as a kid being the only one at slumber parties up at 6am. It sucked then, and I wished more than anything that I could sleep till noon like my other friends.

Then when I got to college, I had no problem sleeping late, as long as said morning snooze was accompanied by hangover.

Now that I'm old and decrepit and could sleep all day, I've been sucker-punched by what I can only imagine was my mother's curse on me to have children "just like me".

Once again, I've been kicked in the ass by my own foot.

So, since getting up later is not an option, and neither is going to bed earlier, unless I only want to be able to see DH in family pictures, how about suggestions on how to get Ry to STAY IN HER FREAKIN' BED?????

We've accomplished the first step of getting her to return to her bed, only now she wants us to lay with her for half an hour. I'm breaking her of that habit this week, but if I don't find a way to help her sleep through the night and stay in the bed, I'm going to have to bust a cap in her ass.

I haven't been making her nap this week, which I suspect would help, if she wasn't so tired that she falls asleep whilst playing (watching TV, whatever) around 3 pm every day. Other than trying to keep her busy while injecting her with Ambien, what should I do?

Help, please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should I have Miss Joy call her? Worked the last time my mom challenged her, maybe it'll work again! That woman has amazing powers of persuasion through just the look in her eye....

Anonymous said...

I put some pics up on my page for you! What's wrong with slipping her some Nyquill???

Lea

Amy York said...

You know, we could always try a little whiskey shot like Uncle James used to do with his boys. Of course, they ended up penniless incarcerated drug addicts, so maybe not so much.