Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Watch Your Mouth

It's Tuesday and Shawn is closing, so Ryan gets to sleep with me. Great fun (really) but it does hinder my night life a bit (No "Sex& the City"). I was just trying to add a link to the blog and messed up, exclaiming"Goddoggit" (please don't laugh - I'm trying). Ryan says, "Mommy, I'm big. Can I say Goddoggit?" She's on word-alert after getting in trouble this morning for claiming (aka:lying) that Shawn had called her a B@$#H. I, of course, claimed a George W. (read:ignorance) as to how she ever heard the word (Lea Ann & Ninny),

-- sorry, break in concentration due to having to fight Ryan to turn the channel off of Law & Order(thanks Mom) --

anyway, big long discussion followed regarding "mommy&daddy" words and "Ryan words". FF to tonite's converse:

"No Ryan, you cannot say that word. "
"But I'm big."
"That's a Mommy word"
"Can Daddy say it?"
And so it goes....

I am at this exact moment getting the "you're the worst mom ever" look from Ryan as she is pouting about no "Law & Order". The kitchen is a mess -- highchair still out, dirty dishes, dirty counters, dirty floors, you name it, it's dirty. I do not want to clean anymore. I do not care. My children will not die if the bathrooms don't get cleaned on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis. Whatever. Ryan bathed tonite, and that's good enough. Well, actually, she just sat in a bubble bath and "played" with the washrag I threw in, so I guess that counts.

I know a lot of you thought this site was to be mainly about the kids, but face it: I am my children -- we are one in the same. They eat, I eat; they sleep(ha!), I sleep; they wake, I wake; they poop, I, well, I wipe, and that's close enough. So if I tend to ramble about myself, just deal with it. :)

Ryan did great at gymnastics today, had fun swimming for the 10 minutes that Hitler (aka:Shawn) allowed, and is now playing "hair shop" with my nasty, sweaty, wretched hair. She has just asked me "why is your baby crying (fictional, I'm assuming - I don't hear Jaxson), did I cut his arm?" Jesus, what will her teachers think when she starts school?? Just another reason to homeschool, I guess. Jaxson is a punk of the first order, and Thank God Shawn taught him to GROWL -- how else would he tell me that he's unhappy (which by the way is ALL THE TIME)?

Everyone made it through Rita unscathed, although we still are not sure about Honey & Pappy's house (flooding, etc...). I've posted the requisite pics of the kids from the weekend, hope it satisfies your kid cravings. Also, check out this site: whitehouse.org You'll thank me.

P.S. PB&J sandwiches with Chocolate Chip muffins for dinner tonite. Yes, I am serious. :)

No comments: