Friday, September 16, 2005

Grin & Bare It

Good Lord!!! Yesterday was one-of-a-kind!!! The craziness of the day can be summed up in one sentence: I made meatloaf. Slap my mouth and call me Fred!! Amy doesn't even eat meatloaf -- hell has frozen over!!! Here's what happened:

It all began 2 days ago when I received an email from "eBay" saying that my account had been compromised and I needed to re-enter all of my info. The World's Biggest Sucker went along and did as I was told, only to stop 5 seconds after entering my personal check card info, thinking, hmm...could this be fraudulent??? I contacted eBay, and sure enough..I'd been had!!! So, I had to cancel my check card and order a new one. Problem solved, right? WRONG!!! Not only did I not have a check card, I was also without checks, since I had run out and just re-ordered, so they have not arrived yet. I had been planning on going grocery shopping, but now that plan was thwarted. You are probably wondering why I didn't just go inside the bank and withdraw $$$, but please, the LAST thing I want to do in 100 degree heat is actually get OUT of the car with my 3 yr old and 5 month old in his carrier -- are you insane?? I'd rather starve!!! :)

Anyway, I took the kids to the library yesterday, and when we got back out to the car, nothing happened!!! It had completely died!!! Luckily, Shawn was running errands for work, and was able to come pick us up. So there we were with no car, no money, and Shawn had to rush back to work -- and didn't come home until 7:30pm!! So, I was stranded. Nothing to eat in the house, no car, no cash to order pizza with, NOTHING!!!! Then, I had a brain fart!!! We had frozen ground meat, which I had dismissed as a meal idea b/c we had no buns or pasta, and really, what else do you eat ground meat with?? Oh yeah -- meatloaf. Just my luck! I had to feed my family, so I did the unthinkable -- I made meatloaf. Vomit x 100!!!!

Here's where the fun really begins. You see, because I had not gone to the store yet, we were out of dishwashing detergent, and since I couldn't run the dishwasher, the dishes had piled up. Wash them by hand?? Yeah, right!!! Unfortunately, I needed some of those dirty dishes to make dinner, so I had to wash by hand. Unimaginable!! Well, this endeavor took a while, and apparently while I was in domestic mode, Jax had awoken from his nap and was "calling" for me. I, however, could not hear him over the running water. At the same time, unbeknownst to me, Ryan was up in her room climbing on top of her dresser to get her angel snow globe that sits on a VERY HIGH shelf. So, by the time I stopped washing, Jax was TICKED OFF -- I ran upstairs to grab him, saw Ryan, and almost lost it. I put her in time out, ran downstairs, put Jax in his swing while I made a bottle -- which made him even angrier (he DOES NOT like waiting!!). So there we were: Jaxson screaming, Ryan yelling at me that Jaxson was screaming, and me yelling at Ryan to sit quietly in time-out. Sounds like fun, right? Anyway, to make a long story longer, I managed to hack out the meatloaf, which Ryan ended up loving!! Who knew???

No comments: