Friday, September 9, 2005

Virgin Entry!!!

Okay, so, this is my first-ever blog, and I am feeling incredibly self-conscious!! I've kept my own personal journals in the past, but I never really had to worry about anyone else reading them (well, except for Lea& Jen, but then with them, NOTHING is a secret!!) I really just wanted to start doing this as a means of keeping in touch with family and friends who want to hears details about the kids, etc... I also wanted to keep a "life's moments"-type journal for my kids to be able to see when they are older. Now that I have kids of my own, I'm always wondering about the way I was when I was their age, so I thought I'd be pro-active, and kill 2 birds.... Anyway, I'm just gonna go ahead and jump right in....

Ryan got in a little bit of trouble today at the YMCA. Apparently, some older boy (4 or 5 yrs) was messing with her SOCK (intentionally or accidentally? We'll never know!!) This apparently pissed Ryan off, so she scratched him on his face. Now, by no means do I support or condone what she did, but it was kinda funny to see this bigger boy holding a wet towel to his sad little face all because of my sweet little princess. Although I must say, it was a pretty big scratch, and very red! I have to admit that I did feel a little swelling of pride knowing that my kid would be able to defend herself if the need ever arose. However, we did sit her down and explain to her how any means of physical violence is wrong, and she should always talk to an adult if someone is bothering her. So that's my funny Ry story for today. Other than that, she is still in DIVA MODE, bossing me around and alternately claiming that I'm the "best mommy in the whole wide world", AND that she "Doesn't want to talk to me EVER!". Ah, I can't wait until the preteen years!!!

Jaxson is just as big and chunky as ever! He is teething right now, so we are up about 2-5 times a night, plus he eats like a pig, so I often have to feed him in the middle of the night (STILL)! He is so cute, and is having the best time learning all about the wonders of SCREAMING (taught to him dutifully by miss Ryan Elizabeth). I'm sure I'll end up complaining about this later, but I love it when they both look at each other and just simultaneously start to yell! So funny!! I'd definitely say his favorite thing to do is to yell at me. Is it just me, or do I evoke this reaction in most people? He is now eating solids (and I use the word"eating" loosely), mostly rice and oatmeal. He really is a happy baby, and we have a lot of fun with him. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Monday, 9/6/05, he held his first football all by himself. Shawn has demanded that I note that in his baby book, and we also took pictures to commemorate the big event. More on this later...

Amy

No comments: