Saturday, August 26, 2006

You can call off the suicide watch, I'm all better now

I think the thing about that last post was not so much that Ryan's actions were monstrous, but that the result was scarier than unsual. So, other than feeling a little sheepish at my blatant over-reaction, I'm all good.

This week was a bitch, though. Shawn and my Mom say it's because of the heat, I say it's because Ryan needs to get her butt into pre-school pronto. I'm running out of things to do inside the house or some other air-conditioned fortress to keep them entertained -- you know it's bad when my idea of a fun field trip is a visit to Whole Foods. Luckily, it's far enough away, and close enough to the city that I can still pull it off.

So the G'peeps and I took the kids to the Austin Farmers Market this morning and then on to Whole Foods, and all in all it was pretty good. My favorite part was when I began admonishing Ryan for grabbing a yogurt-covered pretzel from the bulk bin, only to turn around 2 seconds later and catch Big Daddy doing the same thing, grabbing 2 -- one for him and one for her. This explains a lot.

No comments: