Monday, August 14, 2006

Toastmasters 101

Ryan: "Mom, can I tell you something?"
Mom: "Always."
Ryan: Well, um, I was trying to um get my um braceets and um they um well, I wanted to get them, and um, my bracelets I mean, and um..."
Mom: "Ry, you've got to try to stop watching yourself in the mirror while you talk and start focusing on what you're saying. People don't like it when you take forever to say something and all you say is 'and um'."
Ryan: "And umm, anyway my bracelets got stuck and umm..."

Meanwhile, in other lands far from here, my sister's regional manager decided to inform her that as a reward for being in the top 3 sales division in the state, they were sending her and another lucky soul on an all-expenses-paid trip to Disneyland. Know how he did it? He walked into her BANK decked out in full Mickey Mouse attire. In a BANK. VERY prestigious. Very "financial instution trustworthy of your life savings", I must say.

So anyway, she is taking Ryan and I have been ordered to accompany them as well. Don't tell anyone, but I am totally psyched. I'm stocking up on fanny packs, bermuda shorts, and sandal/sock combos even as we speak. We're talkin' first class all the way, baby.

No comments: