Tuesday, November 1, 2005

What Would You Say?

Ask Ryan what her favorite part of Halloween was, and she's gonna tell you the candy. (I know..weird, huh??) She's discovered Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and "oh.my.god, mom. I love these things". Don't know what we would do without Lalo and Jeff ALWAYS giving her annoying toys that either make horrific grotesque sounds (loudly), or contain 700 tiny little pieces just perfect for accidentally piercing your feet with. Truly, am at a loss. Ryan also was in awe watching WIZ of OZ for first time...LOVES IT!!!!!! Cowardly Lion causes giggles of glee (I know for a fact -- we watched it 3 times IN A ROW).

Ask Shawn what his favorite part of Halloween was, and he'd say "getting to take off the damn costume", when he really means, "being able to pull off wearing that damn costume." (and wear it, he did -- rrrawwwrr)

Ask Jax what his favorite part of Halloween was and he'd say, "huh?"

Ask me what my favorite part of Halloween was, and I'd say: 1. hearing (and seeing) the PURE JOY that came over Ryan when she bit into her first Reese's, thus beginning what is to be a life-long love affair, I'm sure; 2. watching Ryan get excited over those annoying toys that Lalo and Jeff gave her; 3. Getting to watch WIZ of OZ and NOT be embarrassed by how well I know the movie and how much I love it(or by the fact that I was actually the one who suggested watching it the 2nd and 3rd times); 4.Being able to actually pull together 3 1/2 (Ariel's wig) Little Mermaid Costumes with under $20 and in less than an hour, and then having everyone agree to wear them (Shawn), or not be old enough to be able to voice an opinion(Jax)...

...But then 1am hit and Shawn was attacked by the evil Stomach Virus (haha -- you only thought you'd escaped!!), Ryan threw a titanic fit when I tried to get her back into her bed at 4:30am, and Jax woke up and decided that "5am was the new 7am", at which time the last of my "warm fuzzy" Halloween feelings officially left the building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawn better never, EVER grinch about the blue velvet suit again!!! :}