Friday, November 11, 2005

Sorry To Burst Your Bubble

Great day today, which doesn't generally make for hysterical reading (so sorry). Speaking of reading, I'm excited about the new book I've checked out from the library (where I was once again reprimanded by librarian -- except this time for some other book-rental crime). "Daughter of Fortune" by Isabel Allende and "In the Moon of Red Ponies" by James Lee Burke. I've read one of Burke's novels before -- he's good for you guy readers, and I enjoy the narcissistic indulgence of reading stories centered around my family's home states (Texas & Louisiana). Just thought I'd pass on some rec's.

We had a great morning at the park, and then signed Ryan up for her first session of Spanish classes (thanks again Mom!), and basketball. I realize that we are coming dangerously close to becoming the suburban cliche of an overscheduled family, but when it's cheap or free, I just can't resist (that's what he said..badumbuhm....my last desperate attempt at humor, I swear).

Had a nice family night out at Chili's, though we did miss seeing Lea -- Ryan kept insisting she was there somewhere. Now the kids are getting ready for bed, and Shawn and I are going to watch "Bewitched" (the best we could do on new releases at 7:30 on a Friday night).

This entry was a snooze fest, I know, but try to be happy for us. :)

P.S. BIG idea in the works, very hush-hush, stay tuned....

WARM FUZZY of the DAY

No comments: