Thursday, November 10, 2005

If I Type Fast...

This'll be short n' sweet -- Ryan's soaking in a bubble bath, dishes are waiting, Rockets play tonite.

I'm trying very very very hard to keep a positive outlook tonite, so any negative comments will come in sarcastic form -- if it's funny, that can't be considered negative, right? (Operative Word: IF)

Ryan has started claiming our bed in the middle of the night again. But on the bright side, I did have 2 nights of an adults-only sleeping arrangement, so I guess that's something. This morning she explained that she needed to come sleep with us because she was wanting to tell us all about the good dream she had. Well, at least she's not having nightmares...

She and I have come to an agreement regarding her temper tantrums/disobeying. She promises to listen and obey as long as I promise to let her have her way and not make her do anything she doesn't want to do. Seems fair to me... It did make for quite a pleasant shopping trip at HEB today -- Ry got to leave with Princess fruit chews and Pop-Tarts, and I got to NOT yell and scream in public, which was a nice change from this morning at the library when we were BOTH yelling & screaming in public.

Shawn had the day off today. It was so great -- he got to spend the whole day...at the RESTAURANT. Yep. Went in early to hire someone, and ended up working a normal shift. That's all I'm gonna say about this subject. My Mom has told me not to cuss online anymore, remember??

Jax's shouting fits have now grown to regular occurences. He has learned that we will do whatever he wants when he behaves this way, so he does it when he's hungry (even in between EVERY SINGLE BITE), when's he's poopy, when he's tired, or when he wants attention. So basically, he pretty much spends the day shouting. It's great fun. At one point we were competing to see who could yell the loudest. I won. (I mean I think I won -- if he starts to cry, that's considered a forefit, right?? Judge??) Shawn wanted to know what the "books" say. That was nice for a laugh. I wouldn't know if the "books" touch on anything about what to do when your kid has been possessed by Hitler, Chris Matthews, and Chris Farley all at once. In any event, I'd like to know the parent of this type of kid who can gather her nerve and wits and concentrate long enough amidst the yelling to read anything. Not this Mommy, unless you count the "Don't Throw Baby Out the Window" signs I have posted everywhere.

"Warm Fuzzy" of the Day: I got to secretly listen in on Ryan and Emma reading outside today in the neighbor's yard , and at one point Ryan stopped Emma to tell her, "Let's move closer to my house so my mom can see me and I won't get hurt." (aaawww) Then she proceeded to chase the 11 yr old boys who came riding down the sidewalk on their bikes back the other way because, "this is our street and you can't play with us!" Poor little things. They had no idea what they were getting into...

No comments: