Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Stupid Ass

aha ahaa ahaahaahaaa. For those of you who visited today and saw this (see below), I apologize:

oprah: turrets, mermaid
xmas list
trash reaccumulating

This was a "laundry list" of some stuff I had thought about jotting down here, and instead of saving as a draft, I went and posted it like the dumb ass I am, and just now realized.

Quite a list of topics, I must say, and I do have a bit to say about each (natch). Okay, so the Oprah thing...I love Oprah, but sometimes you just shouldn't watch, you know? All of her shows fascinate me, but there are some that stick with me in the wrong way and never leave. Like the "Poop" show, where they talk about how your poo should look when you are eating properly/healthy -- I totally have Ryan checking her bm's for an "S" shape (good poo), or little balls (bad poo). Yesterday was by far the worst -- I know, worse than poo?? Believe it. Yesterday's topic was about kids who suffer from certain diseases, like obesity, turret's, etc... Very sad, obviously, but what was worse is that it really got the teeny tiny wheels in my brain all revved up. Shawn's already got me thinking that Jax has Autism (he thinks this is why he yells so much), and now I'm finding myself researching the symptoms of Turret's in infants. Cool. Not only that, but these kind of shows always send a huge wave of guilt up and down my spine (and back again, for good measure) because here I am lamenting about my silly little girl who is beautiful and healthy, but just won't listen, and there are actually parents out there with problems. Like the mermaid girl -- the baby born with a mermaid fin instead of feet (yes, Ryan's dream come true, but now my ultimate nightmare) -- I mean, can you even imagine the labor that mom went through? Talk about Finding Nemo. Anyyyywaaaayyy, that was the Oprah subject I was wanting to touch on. Let's just pray that neither of our goof balls ever have to deal with any of the things those poor kids have to -- that Turrets thing scares the sh*t out of me.

On to the "Xmas List". This was my reminder to myself that it's about that time to let family and friends know what: a.)the kids want for xmas, and b.)what we want the kids to have for xmas. Tacky? Sure, but don't act like most of you weren't gonna call or email to ask me anyway... So, in order to make this as painless as possible, I've picked out great clothes at Gymboree online, which you can access with the link on the right, should you wish. I've also got several toys (mostly educational) listed on my "wishlist", which is in the MY PROFILE section. Ryan obviously wants any and everything that has to do with Disney Princesses, but since that is a given I've opted to leave those off the wishlist. Buy what you want (or not), but if you do choose to get something from the list, please let me know so I can mark it off. Right. Okay then, now I feel all awkward and stuff, so I'm just gonna finish with a little housecleaning humor...

Crap loves my house and won't go away. I throw away everything -- truly, I sneak into Ry's room when she's playing elsewhere just so I can rifle through her toys and pick out the ones that don't get used and throw them away, which would probably work except she somehow senses that they are in the trash and digs them out, casting glaringly accusing looks at me while doing so. Then there is Shawn, who will wear undershirts with holes in the pits for months and months, unless I stop him. He's got some clothes that haven't been worn in years, that are taking up too much space (and causing horrible feng shui, by the way), so I'll discreetly give them to charity, and sure enough, one week later he'll start looking for them. And of course we have Jax, who just craps all the time, regardless of how often he's fed, bathed, changed, etc.. He just craps, and it seems to always be there. Always. I'm telling you, this house is a crap magnet. Come on over, won't you?? :)

No comments: