Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Pinch of This, A Dash of That

WARNING: The following paragraph is not for the dainty, precious, well-mannered or overall uppity type of person.


So yesterday we had Family Friday at the Y, which meant 4 straight hours of no kiddos for me and Shawn. Shawn didn't actually make it home until around 4:45, and once he did get home, he spent the following hour on the crapper. Thanks, honey. You know just how to make a girl feel all warm and fuzzy inside...


Seriously, what is it with Dudes and #2? Why does it take soooo long? Me, I'm in and out in under 2-5 minutes. Him? ALWAYS an hour at least. ALWAYS. And always at the least opportune time, like 5:30 pm when I've been praying for him to get home as the kids are trying to kill each other and I make dinner, or when I'm waiting for him to meet me at home for 4 hours of Mommy and Daddy time.


I think it must be that God knew women would majorily take the position of staying home with the children, unable to take an hour of non-interruption to sit in the bathroom and do their thing. He knew we'd get 5 minutes max, so he made it super-easy on us. For the men? Well, God must be a man. That's all I can think of, because only a man would allow for other men to take a mini-vacay everytime they have to do the doody.


Anyway, we did end up having a great night, out to eat at Juniors on Main in Round Rock, and then picked up the kids and took them across the street to Sonic to enjoy milkshakes.


But that meant a late night, which means a cranky Jax, who no matter what time he beds down for the night, is always always always awake by 6:30 the next morning. Always.


So... we'll soon be leaving for the lake and a weekend with Menana who is all alone while Big Daddy does his biker thing in Ruidoso.


But before we go, I'd like to leave you with a pic of Ryan and Lola, to tide you over until I return on Monday. Have fun!!


No comments: