Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Consider Me Slayed

By Ryan, of course. But before I fill you in on her latest antics, let me just say...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINGER!!" Shawn grilled a yummy dinner of chicken and shrimp to celebrate last night, and everyone went away happy and full.

Now on to Ryan. This weekend while we were at the lake, she decided to pick up my cell and call her dad. Reaching his voicemail, she proceeded to have the following conversation with herself:

"Hi Daddy! How are you?"

"Really? Great!"

"Yeah, Mommy's right here. Do you want to talk to her?"

"Okay, here she is."

At which point she hands me the phone and I'm all , "Hello?Hello?"

Shawn says all he could hear in the background was Ryan giggling then telling me, "Ha! Gotcha! It's his voice mail, Mommy!"

He loved that one. He's probably got it saved.

Then earlier today I got upset and told her "If Mama Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy"

She asked, "What does that mean?"

"It means I can make your life miserable if I want to."

Her reply: "You already did."

This kid.

Finally, after watching me schedule events, camps, vacations and more all morning long, she overheard me talking to her friend's mom about making a playdate later this week. Quickl, she jumped at the chance to talk with her friend, grabbing her clipboard and saying, "Okay, Grace, schedule in your schedule to meet me Thursday at the sprinkler park. We can schedule our schedule then for our spinkler meeting, okay?"

Grace's mom said all she heard on the other line was Grace going, "Okay." "Okay." "Okay."

Type A, anyone?

No comments: