Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Let's Get Political

There are many reasons why I love having Shawn at home. One is that it makes it so much easier to sneak away for some one-on-one time with the computer. I know most of you are thinking I'm just lazy and that's why I've been so bad about posting lately, and while that may be true, the biggest reason is that it's just too damn hard anymore. *cue world's smallest violin, etc, etc...*




We thought having Lola would distract Jax so I could get a little more done, and while she does distract him, she distracts him right between my feet. She's terrified of our little man (see previous post), and therefore takes up a permanent position at my feet, which means wherever she is is where he is and wherever I am is where she is, leaving me worse off than when we began.




Not to mention the fact that because he is a boy and therefore was born slightly brain damaged, he tends to forget (every time) that if he climbs underneath the desk he'll inevitably hit his head. Every time. Every single time. I used to feel bad for the dude, then I'd get irritated. Now I just laugh and say"Bless your Heart, you sweet little idiot..."




Anyway, back to my original point. Shawn's off today so I've been surfing for the past hour. CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE IT? I FEEL LIKE I'M ON HOLIDAY OR SOMETHING! I checked my email, entered countless sweepstakes, checked out my fave blogs and some newly recommended ones, and now I'm gonna pass some of the wealth on to you!!




I hit the mother load with parents.com this month, so we'll just start there. They recommended a cool new site, www.cozi.com, which has a downloadable family calendar system where you can enter shopping lists, addresses, phone numbers, etc... What's great is that if you leave the house in a state of frenetic mind-boggling urgency (as I so frequently do), and happen to leave that shopping list, address, or phone number at home, you can get it texted to your cell. Cool, huh? Now if only we could afford the monthly text charges....




As for the POLITICAL, please do not cringe -- this is a good one!! There's a petition online (www.fitnessmagazine.com/petition) to encourage Congress to pass the Personal Health Investment Today Act, enabling you to be able to use up to $1000 in a pre-tax flexible spending account to pay for family fitness-related expenses, like gym memberships, sports registration fees, etc... I signed up, won't you???




And finally, here's what's making me smile now:


No comments: