Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Know where I can get a good washboard??

In the yearly tradition of "Yay! We got $$ back from our taxes, let's see what breaks down now!!", our washing machine has gone kaput. Just up and started grinding its teeth, flailing its arms about, stomping its feet, declaring "I don't wanna! I don't wanna!"

Shawn says he thinks it's the belt or something, but all I know is I've got a washer full of wet, soapy towels, and I'll be damned if I have to haul them, myself, and Jax Attack to a washeteria with a fistful of quarters. I graduated from college already, thank you very much.

So I figure, why not a wash board and basin? Seriously? If my great-great-great granny could do it, how hard could it be? I'll wear some long itchy skirts and a bonnet and we'll call it a history lesson for the kiddos.

Now if I could just figure out where to put the liquid fabric softener...

1 comment:

redpolkadotsgirl said...

sister ~ just be darn lucky you aren't putting your house on the market!! that honeymoon we didn't get to take 6 years ago, is now put off for another tax return check.

hey, I'll do your laundry if you do my dishes. my dishwasher sounds like hell.

I've got lots of goodies for you to go through :)