Thursday, March 23, 2006

PJ'S and PANCAKES for EVERYONE!!!!

So, Mommy was reaaaalllyyy stretching tonight, trying to keep the "family meal" cohesive while still sticking to the crazy meal plan Master Bobby has me "surviving" on at the moment. Luckily, I have that creative Theatre Arts background to fall back on (see Dad, the degree was worth something), reminding me that everything is better when you attach the word "party" on the end.

That said, we had a "pajamas and pancakes" party tonight -- breakfast for dinner (pancakes for them eggs for moi), on the floor in front of the fire place in pj's, with a game of Dora the Explorer Chutes and Ladders thrown in just for kicks. It would have been fun if I hadn't married and then given birth to 2 of the most competitive, SORE-LOSERS on the planet. It's chutes & ladders, Shawn. Chutes. And Ladders.

I understand Ryan's disappointment, but how does it look when her father pegs her mom in the back with a ball because he lost a game made for 3-5 year olds??? Score one for me on MOTY front, minus 2 for Shawn's FOTY.

Ryan Remark Of The Day:
Had a rough time with Ry today -- she left me 3 times in the 3 different stores, the last of which had the elderly female manager telling me, "you should watch her -- we've had perverts (and yes, she did whisper) in here before."

Mortified and all-around pissed-off, I let loose on Ryan in the car.
"When will you learn to listen and obey?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"I don't know," she said. "Maybe in like 2 weeks? You know, when I'm old. Like you."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahaha I love this kid!!!!!!!!!!!!! She kills me!!!

Anonymous said...

Remember when mom used to say "I hope you have a daughter just like you when you grow up!!" ? She is a smart cookie! When I was with her she was the picture of sweetness and perfection! Stop making her out to be a hellion!

Lea

Anonymous said...

Ditto Lea Ann!! I knew that sweet little girl would never do or say those things!!!