Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Add Lame Title Here


I've no idea what to write about today.


I could tell you about the cookies that Jax and I made yesterday (Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip -- yummy!!), or about how Ryan is really exercising her free will in ways unacceptable to Mommy. (Me: "Ry, why didn't you wait by the door at gymnastics like I told you to?" Ry: Because I didn't feel like it." uh, 5 yr old say what?? ...And now my Hannah Montana is showing)


I could talk about The Applause of Heaven or The Seven Spiritual Laws for Parents or The Kite Runner, or Jane Eyre, all of which I am currently reading right now. (Adult ADD? Eh? Come again??) I could go into detail over the irony of Shawn's employer requiring their managers to read "Stress Less NOW" (on top of their 65+ hour work week), or about how I pushed myself so hard in Spin this morning that I threw up a little in my mouth. (It's not worth it if you don't puke, am I right? )


Or I might write about how I'm having a really hard time motivating myself to do anything other than sit in front of the fire, which is the only warm spot in this drafty middle-aged home. I could write reams on how badly I'm hoping mortgage rates drop to 4% so we can refi and pay all our debt in one fail swoop. Or about how mad Lola gets when she sees Elvis the Squirrel chillin' in the backyard. She's really starting to piss me off. He was here first, after all.


I could go on and on about how sad the whole Heath Ledger thing is, and how I adored him so much Jax was almost named Heath (there but for the stubbornness of Shawn). Or about how depressing it is to hear 3rd grade girls talk about "working out" and dieting. And then I could write about how much I really want a chocolate chip cookie right now.


But, alas, none of those subjects are remotely interesting enough to dedicate an entire post to, so how 'bout I just mush them all together and call it a day?


An just in case you're not bored enough, let me list what my plans for the rest of the day are:


1. Shower. uggh.


2. Clean the bathrooms. Double uggh.


3. Make these with the kids. Not-so-uggh.


4. Make Salmon pizza. From scratch. uggggghhhhh. Why must I always try to be so crunchy???


5. Change poopy diapers. I'm due for at least 2 more today. And I'm pretty sure I'm smelling one now.


6. Sit in front of the fire and convince the kids that putting together 100 pc puzzles is as good as having a play date.


7. Finish the puzzles by myself.


Thanks for indulging me -- it's just easier to go ahead and write my to-do list while I'm on here than drag out a piece of paper, scrounge for a pen, remember all those things I just listed....




No comments: